Recipes: Tamarind Sauce Recipes
- Eastern Eats Tamarind Sauce ~ 1/3 cup
- Eastern Eats Stir Fry Sauce ~ 4tbs
- 1-1.5 cups chopped chicken breast or thigh
-1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 8oz Thai Rice Noodle (Linguine Noodle)
- 3 cups of mixed stir fry vegetables (found pre-packed in the produce section)
- 2 tbs of finely chopped fresh green chili or jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 2 tbs of vegetable oil
- 1 tbs of peanut butter (optional)
- 2 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional)
4-5 Stems of Cilantro finely chopped
1/3 cup crushed Peanuts
2 stems of green onion chopped (spring onion)
2 lime wedges
Recipe Serves 2
1. Bring pot of water to boil and add noodles. Boil noodles till soft but firm texture.
2. Place chicken slices in bowl and stir in Eastern Eats Stir Fry Sauce. Set bowl aside.
3. Heat non-stick pan or wok, add vegetable oil. Once warm add chopped chili's (optional ingredient). Stir until
slightly cooked. Then add marinated chicken. When wok/pan becomes dry, add a few tbs of chicken stock at a
time to keep chicken frying, add stir fry vegetable mix about 2 minutes before chicken is completely cooked
and continue to stir fry until chicken is cooked. Add cooked noodles and pour tamarind sauce (add chili flakes
in for additional heat). Lower heat and mix gently (like tossing salad) for 1-2 additional minutes.
4. Place on plate and garnish with clinatro, crushed peanuts and green onions. Squeezed lime wedge over dish and you are done
Note: for a more peanut flavor add 2 tbs to Eastern Eats Tamarind Sauce and mix well.
3 tbsp EE Tamarind Sauce
½ tbsp. of canola oil
¼ cup of red onion (finely chopped)
2 tbsp. of freshly ground fennel stem
2-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
½ cup of chicken or vegetable stock
1 tsp of lime juice (fresh)
8-10 large shrimp deveined
1.5 tbsp. of fish sauce
1-2 fresh sliced serrano peppers (or 1tbsp. of Cayenne Pepper)
2-4 Stems of Cilantro finely chopped
2-4 Slices of lime
Salt to taste
Recipe serves 1-2
Grill shrimp in oil until slightly brown and half cooked. Remove shrimp and set aside. In same pan add red onions, fennel stem, garlic and optional ingredient of sliced serranoes or cayenne pepper for heat. Grill until onions become slightly translucent. Then add stock, tamarind sauce, lime juice and the optional ingredient fish sauce. Let sauce heat up and add the half cooked shrimp. Once shrimp is cooked place on serving dish and garnish with cilantro, salt and a sliced lime on the side.
Grilled Tamarind Peaches (Dessert)
4 fresh, ripe peaches
2/3 cup Eastern Eats Tamarind Sauce
2 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs ground cinnamon
1 Tbs chopped, fresh mint, plus extra for garnish
4 Tbs sweet cream butter, total
2 oz chopped pecans
Whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
Recipe serves 4-8
1. Wash the peaches, halve and pit them; set aside. Melt 2 Tbs butter in a small saucepan. Add the pecans, and
toast over medium-high heat until they begin to turn brown. Remove from saucepan and reserve.
2. In the same pan, melt 2 Tbs butter over medium heat. Add the Tamarind Sauce, sugar and cinnamon. Cook
over high heat for about 2 minutes, until the sauce begins to bubble and thicken. Remove from heat
immediately, and add the mint. Glaze the cut side of the peaches with the sauce, and grill over high heat until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Plate each peach half, spoon a bit of fresh glaze over each one. Top
with a spoonful of whipped cream and fresh mint.